Thursday, June 30, 2011

Utah Valley Half Marathon

So I ran the Utah Valley Half Marathon on June 11, 2011. I still don’t understand the pleasure of running and now that I’ve done it I think I may be done, unless anyone wants to do the Disney Land half marathon with me, then I would do it again. I ran it in 2:15:08, pretty good for someone that’s had around 5 surgeries on their feet and hasn’t ever ran before. Red powerade and me do not get along. It seriously made me throw up a little when I drank it, needless to say at the next station I searched out blue. The last like 3 miles of the race you could see the finish line but it never seemed like it was getting closer; it was the longest 3 miles of my life! I was so happy when I finished and saw the clock said a time way faster than I anticipated I could run.
The begining of the race waiting for the gun to go off
It was soooooo cold
somehow dad missed me in the tunnel but
                                                   heres a picture of me leaving the tunnel


This first hill was a killer

Ya cars drove past going super fast as you were running it was a little scary

The misters felt sooo good

Look at me finish!



2 comments:

Lauren said...

That is soooooooo cool. And you HAVE to do it again, because we need a picture of you and Jordan and me!!! I want to run with you! You should come run the Cape Cad half.
Good job, you did great!!!

Brittney said...

That race is in October wont that be cold! I wish I could but with my class schedule there is no way I can miss any school.