Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dads crazy 4 and 1/2 layer bars

So my dad had this crazy idea to make a better seven layer bar without coconut and he described it all to me while we were shoveling the driveway (I think he thinks too much when he's bored.). So this is what he said to me "what if you made seven layer bars like this: make the bottom layer, wait what even goes into seven layer bars I've never made them." I then explained the process of seven layer bars to him and he goes "O.k. so make the bottom crust layer then the sweetened condensed milk layer then put peanut butter chips and then milk chocolate chips then," in a very excited voice "put more crushed graham crackers on it." while we were making these crazy treats he goes "what if you put marshmallows in it?!" He put marshmallows on half and then covered them with some more sweetened condensed milk. My mom said he was crazy but we made them anyway. When they came out my mom said they were too sweet and you couldn’t eat them and they would just go bad, well they didn’t they got eaten very fast.

My mom said the marshmallows would just burn but they didn't
they turned out nice and crispy crunchy

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Well, I think the coconut is the best part, so here!! It looks interesting, was it really good?? I was totally following it until he added marshmellows, then it started to sound weird. I'm sure I would eat it though.

Brittney said...

Ya it was really good, but super sweet. You should ask him about it sometime. He's very excited about his new treat he made.

Princess Lisa said...

I think they look yummy! Joseph would eat them since he LOVES marshmallows! You can make them without coconut, just replace it with white choc chips or peanut butter chips. I make 8 layer bars with the white choc chips! They are soooo good :)