Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Going to UVU :/

So an advisor at SUU said that I should go up to UVU and take calculus II over the summer that it was the same as here. Well dean of the college of math you were soooooooo wrong! UVU starts about 2 chapters after SUU ended and the teacher doesn’t explain why you do what you are doing she just does a whole bunch of examples and says "so we have what" and "this equals what" a lot but they aren’t questions for the class she is literally asking herself how to do the problem and sometimes she does it wrong and has to go back and do it again! Needless to say I dropped that class, trying to do two extra chapters of work while trying to figure out what the craziness she is doing on the board was just too confusing. Instead I decided to try to up my grade in calculus I so I'm just going to retake it and hopefully get a higher grade to raise my GPA. I also found out that they teach a class that I forgot to withdraw from when I stopped going so that will be very helpful in raising my GPA and I can take a class to fulfill all the requirements for my minor. So I guess that the summer won't be a total loss. I also moved hoping it would be easier to find a job, well it’s hard to find a job anywhere, I’m either over qualified or under qualified, so my quest for a job goes on.
I have one roommate and like the 5th day I was here she asked me “How Mormon are you?” I’m still not really sure how to answer that question. My roommate follows most of the commandments from what I can see, not including modesty or going to church. Hayley said that her institute teacher calls them Mormon but…….s.
Here are some pictures of my apartment. The kitchen is really small and feels crowded when the two of us are in it I couldn’t imagine what it’ll be like if we get a roommate or two. I live on the 3rd floor and have a beautiful view of the church. (note the sarcasm) There is a train that goes by about 5 times a day and blows its horn an excessive amount; it’s a good thing I’m a heavy sleeper so I can sleep through it. Where I live is pretty cool it has a workout room with TV’s and they transmit the sound to the treadmills so you just plug in your headphones and watch what you want at the volume you want. There are also two pools and two hot tubs, all of which are closed currently and very dirty, I hope this changes soon. There is also 5 buck pizza, a textbook store and wise guys comedy.
 This is right when you walk in the door

The kitchen

The living room

The hallway to my room

My bathroom.
There aren't any drawers :(


1 comment:

Lauren said...

I had some not very Mormon, mormon roommates once. Good luck.