Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Things I learned at SUU

Well my first year at SUU is over here are a few lessons learned while in Cedar City
1.       Every sound of every letter and when it says what sound and why.
2.       You can get used to the sound of constant traffic.
3.       Along with the traffic you get used to the sounds of sirens all the time.
4.       Riding your bike is faster than driving, almost always. (College drivers are almost worst than high school drivers, especially when late.)
5.       The picture of a tiger on the letter t is not a good idea because all the kids call it a lion.
6.       Almost all ESL students call the quarter a penny.
7.       Vegetables is a hard word to say and sometimes starts with a b.
8.       There are not enough practice rooms and people don’t value music like they do at Snow.
9.       That people don’t know who the Beatles are.
10.   How to play racquetball.
11.   Sometimes you have to ask the same question to several professors and see what answer is said most before acting.

12.   You have to phrase questions like you would to a 4 year old if you want the math professor to be able to understand you.

13.   You do not need a blender to make a shake, just a cup a fork and lots of patients.

14.   Homework cannot come first, you must go play softball and go on dates and go on crazy adventures or life here is going to suck.
15.   Toilet paper lasts a lot longer when you don’t share a bathroom with 4 other girls!
16.   Number 14 only works if some of your professors cancel class so you can get it all done. Or if you stay up late and wake up early.
17.   Make friends with good values and they won't lead you astray but lead you to grow.

18.   I do not want to live by a freeway or major road when I grow up.
19.   No one can be trusted! Sad but true.
20.   I have awesome parents who taught me great skills, like how to get an earring out of a sink when someone drops it down the drain and is in tears about it. (It was from Paris)

21.   Sometimes you just need to cry.
22.   When prices on food and gas go up financial aid goes down. L

23.   Going to bed at 2 am and waking up at 6:30 am three nights in a row is a really really bad idea.
24.   Sometimes you have to learn the hard way
25.   How to sleep through lots and lots of noise
26.   If you’re nice to others they are nice to you

27.   No matter how many times you tell people that you are not going to share your lunch they still ask. (This one bothers me a lot because this one particular guy says that it is very rude that I eat my lunch in front of him every day. Well buddy I’m not your mom make your own lunch!)

28.   You can’t help students that never go to school
29.   Doing homework can be fun if you find the right study group
30.   Even if you are super tired taking the extra 10 minutes to read your scriptures and say your prayers is well worth it.
31.   My parents are cooler than most, ok almost all, parents.
32.   I’m glad my parents taught me of the effects of drugs and alcohol at a young age so that when presented with them I already had an answer.
33.   You can eat enough at free food things to last you the rest of the day

34.   Always eat the free food, even if it’s cold
35.   Running and eating new foods does not mix, sticking with what I eat everyday makes my tummy much happier.
36.   Great friends and awesome wards are rare so treasure them when you find them
37.   True friends always find a reason to get together and then they make it epic!
38.   I think I may have lucked out on the roommate front this year. Let’s hope next year is half as awesome as this one was.

No comments: