Saturday, October 8, 2011

My friends say I've officially achieved nerd status

So the other night my friends asked if I wanted to go play capture the flag and I had to say I couldn’t because I hadn’t written a paper that I had known was due the next day for 2 weeks. They asked me why I didn’t write it and my response was because my calculus homework was more fun and easier than writing the paper. Ya…that was not the answer they were expecting and they promptly told me how much of a nerd I’ve become. But I don’t think they understand how much fun the tutoring center is. Everyone there knows each other because the same people are there at the same times each day so you get to know the people and everyone helps everyone with their work and we just goof off sometimes. It really is more fun to do math homework than to write a paper, not to mention easier. With math there is only one answer you have to aim for and if you get that answer then you get all the points for the problem, but with writing papers you just have to hope the teacher will like what you think is the right answer. There’s not a definite answer with papers, I never know what the right answer is I absolutely hate writing papers!
I made up my schedule for next semester and I was looking at it thinking ya next semester is going to be good. My schedule consists of 3 math classes and orchestra. We were talking about next semester in the tutoring center and 3 of us are taking the same classes, can I just say that next semester is going to rock!

I also decided that I could not have lived in the snail-mail times. It drives me nuts to have to wait for letters from friends on missions instead of just being able to text them. Not to mention that the story isn’t as funny by the time they get the letter read it and write back.

Wanna hear what happens when you have a class with the elders quorum president and the second counselor in the bishopric? Well you make a suggestion that it’s too cold to do the activity outside and they agree and change the activity to be inside but both happen to be busy that night so they can’t tell everyone that it got changed so they conveniently volunteer you to tell everyone. I spent my Friday night going around to all the apartments and telling everyone that we changed it to be at the church. On the bright side I now know more people than I did on Thursday night.

No comments: