Sunday, May 20, 2012

Jordans Wedding via Skype


Jordan and Amber’s wedding day was very interesting as I went via Skype. Here is the running commentary on what happened:

Dad woke up before everyone else and we Skyped while he got stuff ready. Then Jordan texted him early to come and pick him up. Dad thought it would be funny to go and pick him up in shorts and a t-shirt. I don’t think Jordan thought this was funny.

 Dad left Skype going on the iPad while he went to get Jordan and left it on the counter. I could hear someone rummaging around in the kitchen so I asked hey whos there. And I could just picture a very confused Joey going “um it’s me” like where on earth is this voice coming from. I played with him for a min and was like “me who?” I could tell by the sounds and the hesitation in his voice that he was wondering where on earth this voice was coming from. I finally told him I was on the iPad on the counter and then we had a conversation that covered these things: Greece has siesta and everything closes from 3 to 5 every day, except Sunday because everything is already closed on Sunday, they don’t have captain crunch in Greece they pretty much don’t have any of the same cereals, they do have cheerios but not honey nut cheerios, Euros are different sizes depending on the amount they are worth, they don’t have 1 euro bills but they have 1 and 2 euro coins, nai means yes and the word for no is too long it sounds like ohee but its spelt oxi.

Jordan and my dad came back and Jordan seemed a little stressed then everyone was awake and it was just loud and lots of fast questions with everyone asking what time it is here. Well if you live in the Utah time zone just subtract 3 and then make it later in the day that’s what time it is in Greece.  Then everyone just disappeared. I think they all went to get dressed. I don’t know because the internet in Greece decided to stop working for like the 10th time today!

I was ok with it not working because there was a concert at the school put on by the Yale a cappella choir Redhot & Blue. It was AMAZING! I can’t believe I’ve never heard of them before they are so good and so personable. My favorite was their arrangement of ABC, it was really cool.

After the concert I Tangoed my dads phone which Mike had but tango never seems to work so they couldn’t hear me I finally got them to give it to Lauren and she turned on Skype which was way better. They walked over to the mall and were looking for a toy store but couldn’t figure out the map so I googled the mall and told them where the Disney store was and how to get there. Mike thought it was pretty funny that somebody in Greece was telling him about the mall he was in in Utah. It didn’t seem that weird to me, when I skype with dad I google stuff for him all the time, usually to prove he’s right about something at work.  I tried to get Kate to talk to me but she’s Kate and we all know what that means.

I guess there was a bit of confusion when Jordan and Amber came out of the temple and I couldn’t get anyone to pick up Skype so I didn’t see them come out. Jordan Skyped me on their drive to Preston really quick and asked what I saw of the temple, which was nothing but that’s ok, and then told me it was raining and the photographer got into a car accident so he wasn’t coming so they had to improvise. The connection in the mountains wasn’t very good so we hung up but he sent me a picture of Amber so I could see how amazingly beautiful she was in her dress.

The church in Preston Idaho must have a super secret wifi password because none of the usual church passwords worked. I know you’re thinking how do you know the passwords the church uses? Well in this 21st century the singles wards in Cedar have discovered that we need to know the passwords to have successful FHE’s and if they tell us the password then we can have indexing parties at the church. I mean most of us have the internet on our phones so why try to stop  us from using the wifi. The 4G coverage was pretty horrible if existent at all so everyone that I met was just a blob of colors. I sure hope everyone I met in Ambers family doesn’t expect me to remember because I have no clue what they looked like other than the color of their shirt and hair.
This is the only wedding I've ever been to in my pajamas and at 4 in the morning and yes this is what everyone looked like to me so really the only way I knew who I was talking to was by voice recognition and height. So people I had never met before its still kinda like I never met you cause I still have no clue what you look like.

No comments: