Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Meteora


Saturday morning I woke up early and started my trek to the bus station. One thing I will not miss is how long you have to plan to get somewhere. After my hour trek to the bus station I met up with Sam and her sister, cousin and friend. We caught a bus to Meteora which takes like 5 hours. Meteora is one of the largest and most important complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries in Greece. There are six monasteries build on sandstone rock pillars. They were build around the 14th century.  It was pretty cool to go and see them build on top of these huge rocks. It makes you wonder how on earth when these were built they got the materials up there. I had a fantastic weekend with Sam and her family. Sam told them I don’t swear at all and that I was sick of my roommates swearing all the time so she invited me to come along with them and guess what the whole weekend her family didn’t swear. It rained most of the time we were there but we didn’t let that stop us from seeing everything we wanted to.  

On Sunday the sister missionaries called me and asked me why I wasn’t sitting in sacrament meeting with them because they finally came to the Halandri branch. Sam was like who on earth is awake on Sunday morning that would call you? Then she thought it was pretty cool that people noticed when I wasn’t where I was supposed to be.












A few more pictures here


Monday was the best day ever! I really hate my first class on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and have to battle with myself to wake up and go to class. Well Monday was no different but then things turned around, I went to buy a Snickers to make my day better and I stuck in my euro coin and pushed the buttons to make a Snickers come out then I waited for my change but it never came out so I looked at the machine and it said I still had 1 euro credit so I bought another Snickers! This day was looking up. I went to tennis class and won the tennis match which greatly helped my grade. My linear algebra teacher seems to always be amazed at how I never talk but always seem to have the right answer. I usually wait a few minutes to see if anyone else can get the right answer and once they start just yelling out random stuff I usually say the answer quietly or the guy that sits next to me looks at my paper and says the answer.

After class was over I hurried home to finish writing my paper that was due today. I tried to write it last week but my computer decided that it wanted to just randomly shut down so I couldn’t write it. I was trying to finish writing my paper before I had to leave for FHE. Going to FHE is an internal battle every week, as it takes me two buses a metro, a metro line change, and a walk to get there. This was no different; I had a paper due the next day and I would undoubtedly stay way longer than I should. FHE was amazing and the games we played were way fun and I managed to leave at a reasonable time to get home and finish my paper. Monday was awesome!


No comments: