Sunday, August 19, 2012

Wanting

Lately I've been wishing I could go back to church in Greece. I know that sounds crazy since I didn't JUST LOVE my time there, but I miss it. I miss how much each member wanted to be there. I miss how much they sacrificed to be there, to live in accordance with God's plan. I miss the out pouring of love I felt whenever I walked into the building. I miss brother Hicks asking me until I finally said yes to say the prayer in sacrament. I miss trying to figure out words in Greek.
This is funny to me because the whole time I was there I couldn't wait to go back and blend into the crowd (I somehow haven't been able to get this one to work yet). I couldn't wait to be able to drive to church so I wouldn't have to plan around the bus schedule. I couldn't wait to go to a YSA ward. I couldn't wait to have my personal bubble back. I couldn't wait to leave.
Now I that I'm back I've been avoiding the YSA ward. Because it's too far to drive to. Yea I'm complaining about DRIVING 20 minutes to church.
I'm also still confused on how to tell people who I don't know very well that Greece is not somewhere I want to live and that it wasn't all fun and games and that nothing beats growing up in Mapleton Utah.
I hope I always remember my time in Greece and the lessons I learned there. I don't ever want to forget how incredibly happy I was when I walked into the Halandri branch for the first time and heard the missionaries talking in English, and every Sunday after that. I want to remember how much I looked forward to Saturday nights, Sunday mornings, and Monday night's activities.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

2 comments:

Dylan said...

You typed all this on your phone..Wow!

Brittney said...

yea well church was boring