Monday, July 23, 2012

Colorado


This last week I took Myia and Kenny to Colorado to visit the Smiths. The ride there was insane! Oh yea we also brought Izzy, their new puppy. We left after Myia’s camp meeting and headed over the Rocky Mountains. Stopping like every two hours to let the dog run around and go potty. It was easy going all the way until we reached this:

Yea the road is being eaten by the black cloud. Inside the cloud it was super dark and windy and super slow going.

When we got out of the cloud I was like well it’s all gotta be uphill from here(Ha Ha get it? cause Denver’s higher than Mapleton). You should never jinx yourself like that. Because the rain turned to down pour and the wind blew harder. It was about time to find a rest stop and let the puppy out but it was raining so hard I told Myia to just put a pad down because I did not want to get out of the car in the rain. About 20 minutes later we saw a mud slide on the other side of the road and decided to call my dad and ask what the road conditions were like for the rest of our drive. While Myia was calling him me and Kenny were super focused on the road and the cars around us when all of the sudden the car in front of us disappeared in a wave. I guess my car wanted to see if it could be a submarine. Luckily we were really close to a rest stop and pulled off and waited for the rain to die down a little. After  practicing our submarine skills it was easy sailing the rest of the way.

Once there we had a blast. We went swimming, tie dyed shirts, went to the aquarium, played lots of spoons and California speed, played various versions of tag, played the oreo game, the shaving cream and cheetos game and ‘helped’ redecorate the house.


Playing night games






we tie-dyed shirts and we tried to get a picture of all
of us looking at the camera at once but that wasnt going to
happen so we got a picture of us all sleeping.
I think Elles shirt is my favorite

Bowling

Kenny wasnt sure of it at first but he ended up loving it

Lauren cheering for her moms sake.

The pool

I love this picture

We decided that Lauren was trying to pants Parker underwater

I love this picture because it took a lot to get Kate to go under water
and it looks like Nedra is trying to drowned her or something



We tried all the first day at the pool to get Kenny to go down
a slide then all of the sudden he just quietly got out and walked over
to the slide and went down

The two non-smilers


The aquarium







My dad said that he thought he was sending an adult and two kids
but it turns out he just sent three kids
I got this riding a princess scooter



I got this playing a card game with lauren while Nedra went to the store.
I was supposed to be in charge

Day 1



I think this is the next day or later the same day


Like two days later

Today



If you’re still reading then you deserve to know how we ‘helped’ to redecorate the house. Well Nedra left and told me to make sure no one got hurt or lost. Well no one else got hurt or lost. Then I decided that Lauren needed to be tickled so I tackled her and sat on her crazy legs and tickled her. Then I ran. While running through the house, I know you shouldn’t run in the house but it was hot outside, we somehow managed to break the curtains on the windows next to the front door. I really wish I had a picture of the before and after of the door. As soon as we realized that we had broken them we stopped running in the house and argued over who was to take the blame for the damage. Lauren said that they were ugly anyways so I decided she was going to take the blame for it. But then I was helping someone when Nedra got home so Lauren goes “mom, Brittney says she’s kinda sorry!” Yea that’s not alarming at all. We told her WE broke the curtains running in the house because I felt like Lauren needed to be tickled. I think this was a valid excuse and a good reason to get rid of the purply-gold curtains.


Needless to say  when they went to the temple Dustin left Kate in charge because I'm not responsible and guess what nothing broke and no one got hurt!

We had a fun packed week and the silent drive home told me we played hard. Can’t wait to have a crazy fun packed week again!

No comments: