Sunday, August 3, 2014

Miracles of the Temple

This week I ran out of acne medicine and called around to see the prices at different pharmacies and Costco ended up being the cheapest. So we planned a trip for Saturday to go to St. George to go to the temple and get the medicine. There was a service project that morning and I wasn’t a very willing participant, because I figured by the end of the day if I go to the service project I would have to take 3 showers. But I went anyway and it was actually a really good service project. We went to a co-op garden where all the food goes to the local food bank and helped harvest the plants, pick up trash from the lot and weed. When we were walking around the lot picking up trash I must have rubbed against a plant that I’m allergic to because by the end of the service project my leg was covered in hives and very very itchy. I was once again mad that I went to the service project. I went home, showered and got ready for the temple. I was not excited to go to the temple, I already had a rash and, since I usually get a rash from the temple clothes, was not excited to get a bigger rash.

We went to the temple and as soon as we started the confirmations I heard someone tell me it would be worth it, not a voice out loud just a small voice within said this is where you should be, doing what you should be doing. I felt excited to be there, excited that I could help my sisters get that much closer to the kingdom of heaven. After finishing the baptisms and changing back into my clothes I noticed that the rash on my leg was gone and that the rash I get every time on my tummy wasn’t there!!!!  This is where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to be doing.  I am glad that although I wasn’t super willing or excited that I got to go to the temple and be reminded of how miraculous temple work is. I don’t know how long those sisters had been waiting for someone to do their work but I am glad that I was the one who got to do it. I know this is the true church of God. 

No comments: