Last week on like Wednesday I went to ride my bike to campus to find out it had a flat. I went and bought a new tube and when I got back to my apartment realized that this was not a well thought out plan. I asked my friend, Kristina, how am I going to get the tire off? She goes I don't know how to change a bike tire. I was amazed at this and so I started to look around to find something that I could use and she was fidgeting with a pen. Light bulb! It took me like 20 minutes to change it but it was worth it.
I have decided that the news is a day behind the weather. Yesterday the news said: sunny high 80’s so I dressed accordingly and rode my bike to school, it rained, no it down poured for like 40 minutes. After that much rain that fast the roads were rivers, it is not fun to ride your bike home in rain down rivers. I waited it out at the library but didn’t have any homework with me because I just needed to go to campus for one class then I was going to go back and finish it all up. I didn’t get it all finished; instead I went to a comedy act. It was well worth it! The guy was hilarious. He was way clean and he incorporated the audience into his act, there was this one girl who had a really annoying laugh and whenever she would laugh really loud he would stop and stare and be like the squirrel is laughing again, she totally went with it it was awesome. His name was Jeff Dye, you can you can youtube him.
One week of classes down about 12 more to go. After one week of classes I have decided the following about SUU (which may change with time):
1. The orchestra is a joke! The first day we sight read pieces that a high school orchestra would play but by the fourth day they got a little harder. The orchestra is smaller than Snow College’s and in my opinion not up to par for a four year school. The whole department isn’t as awesome as Snow’s.
2. The Education College here is amazing, they have all sorts of resources for you to use free of charge. I will be in a classroom by the middle of September observing and helping out a teacher.
3. This is the year I am going to pass English 2010! The teacher is amazing and clear on what is due and what is expected of you. It might also help that the class is writing about pop music so I get to use my music knowledge in every class and in every paper. Most of the class looks at me like I’m a freak when I use music terms, but I still get to put my knowledge to use.
4. People don’t talk to each other. I don’t know why but they don’t. Today in class the professor said your row will be your group do case study one. I turned to my row and said should we scoot closer together so we can read it and answer the questions and they just kept on staring at their text book. I gave up and just did it on my own. Hopefully this changes or this is going to be one long year.
5. I MISS SNOW! I miss all the familiar faces, knowing where people will be hanging out and when they will be there, and which teachers are cool to talk to and which ones you should avoid.
I just keep telling myself that change is good and that I will get used to being at a new school.