Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July


The 4th of July means a lot more to you when you go to a different country and see the lack of pride for their country. The Greek independence day was just another day to them it seemed. There weren’t really any festivities, it was really weird.

I went and camped out with Chalyce and her family in Provo to save spots for the parade (side note; people started setting up their spots at like 10am but you’re not supposed to set up until 3pm so we got a spot in the sun L). The night before the parade, in my opinion, is better than the actual parade. People dress up crazy and walk around, the zoobies (BYU students) form a bicycle group and ride up and down the road with music playing, people bring out their cool/crazy cars and cruise up and down the road, you play card games and eat junk food all night and it’s the best place to people watch. We had a ton of fun.

Chalyce's family has this awesome tradition of singing Happy Birthday
at midnight to America. Its super awesome and fun



A family I met in Greece had told me they were in Utah and so I asked if they were going to the parade and if we could meet up. I was really happy to meet up with them (and their spot was in the shade so I totally lucked out by going to meet up with them). 

Me and Jennifer Hicks.
I was pretty excited to meet up with her and Caleb at the parade


After the parade I went home to see what we were doing and found out that this is how we were going to celebrate freedom:


But don’t worry after that we had the traditional BBQ and fireworks.
Once again blogger is taking forever to upload so I put the rest of them here




No comments: