Saturday, July 7, 2012

Did you just love it!?

Since I’ve been home the question I am always asked first is something along the lines of “did you just love it!?” Well this question is hard to answer quickly in passing.
When I met up with Jennifer Hicks at the 4th of July parade and met her family they also asked this question and to my friends I just had been saying “It was a great learning experience.” I could totally dodge the question and everyone would just move on and ask what I saw, or what I ate, or what the weirdest thing was; those are easy questions to answer. Well when they asked the question I was thinking of a polite way to answer this question since I could tell she had told her family about my time in Greece  and just as I was about to say something she jumped in and said “You know it’s hard to live in Greece.”  I was so happy to not have to think of a nice way to say living in Greece was not the funnest thing I’ve ever done.
Don’t get me wrong I had fun times there and I learned a lot and did a lot of really awesome and cool things but there’s not much to do if you don’t drink. Like in Mapleton and Cedar City my friends and I go to the park or play ultimate Frisbee or go long boarding or have a game night but it seemed like all anyone wanted to do in Greece was go out to this strip of bars and drink and party all night. It made me realize how good of friends I have and how nice it is to live in Utah.

No comments: