Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas in Disneyland!!!

Made it through another calendar year!! Life is crazy, I’m not sure who to talk to about going back to being 17 but I would like to. Two jobs and school is just crazy, not the fun kind of crazy either, just the I want to curl up in a ball and hide from the world crazy.
 So December was just a giant blur. There were finals and tons of studying and lots of new students at the ranch and getting the new snowboard instructors all set and man being an adult is hard!!! I faintly remember going to Disneyland for a few days with my fun crazy family. I will always remember when my mom and Demetrius got yelled at for being on the tram trail. I loved the bumper cars with Keaton, and the Lightning McQueen ride with Mason. And we can’t forget the time we couldn’t resist the 5 min wait time for Grizzly Rapids and Kate got soaked and got the cool new shirt. Or the time Justin rode the whole Matterhorn with his knees in his face. That Parker and Jake wanted to go on the scary rides but Lauren and Justin didn’t like them.  Or the night that Ollie was in charge of Parker, Jake and Kenny and they were supposed to go home after one more ride at like 9 and ended up meeting us on Indiana Jones at like 11:45 then going over to the Pirates of the Caribbean for ONE MORE RIDE, (which was a sentence Julia was probably sick of hearing by the end of that ride) and having some cast members tell us we were their favorite group and other cast members look at us like you are way too happy, (like the old man cast member at the end of the ride who was like get out to the right in the most monotone and annoyed voice/face ever), and the crazy tram ride at the end with the unexpecting(that’s not a word weird huh) older couple who got caught in the middle of our group being crazy.  Oh let’s not forget the first day when I realized that having a party at your house the night before you need to be awake at 3 am to make your flight and haven’t packed yet was a bad idea and I forgot to pack a lot of stuff so I jumped in the pool with my clothes on. There were so many fun memories from those four short days that I just can’t name them all. Leave a comment with your favorite memory or two!
After I got home from Christmas I went to work and it has been crazy ever since then. I’ve had some great lessons like the little kids and even some adults who have said I’m the funnest instructor ever and some really bad ones like the one where an old Asian guy named Carlos told me I was too young to be teaching advanced snowboarding lessons and that he would like an older instructor. News flash Carlos there aren’t old snowboard instructors, you can’t feed a family off of snowboard instructor wages.
Then the Brianhead new years eve party happened and that is my favorite part of the year! Why you ask because the resort gives us fire and has us ride down the mountain on our snowboards carrying the fire!!!(ok so their only flairs but they can still burn stuff) Not only am I allowed to play with fire while snowboarding but I get paid to do it and they provide the fire! I love it!

So my life has been crazy busy, with some crazy amounts of fun mixed in. 

Here are pictures of the crazy fun that went on. In true blogger fashion they didn't stay in order. (If you look at them backwards they are more in order but still not in order)








Now for a game of find the family members!!!

I see Ollie, Dylan S., Kenny 

Nedra and Gma Marcia

So there was a like total rave going on at the exit to 
the monsters inc. ride and this is our fun waiting by the rave

Justin


Parker, Kenny, Jacob, Evette, Nedra, Demetrius, Ollie, Lauaren





Elle



Evette, Wanda, Jordan

Brittney, Myia, Jacob, Parker

I love dustins face in this one

Lauren, Dustin


Kate, Justin, Parker

Mason, Kenny

Parker, Jacob, Evette, Amber, Jordan, Lauren, Wanda,
Demetrius, Marisa, Abby, and Julias hand

Parker

Parker, Kenny, Kate

Lauren, Kenny, Mason, Justin
Oh this is my favorite! Mason headed Kenny right 
as I took this picture. We tried to tell Mason that your
 head is not a weapon, but well you know that didn't work

Justin, Lauren, Myia, Keaton

Kenny, Parker, Mason

Mason

Lauren, Keaton, Myia

Myia, Keaton, Kenny

Kenny, Parker

Nedra, Dustin, Elle

Parker, Justin

Ollie, Dustin, Jake, Parker

Ollie, Jake, Dustin, Justin

Parker

Parker, Justin


Marisa, Abby in the pool
Aunt B, Evette, Dylan on the patio

Aunt B, Evette on the patio
Abby in the pool






Lauren, Abby, Justin


Brittney, Elle, Kate

Elle



Uncle Dylan, Kate, Marisa, Abby

Mine, Lauren and Justins attempt at getting all of us in 
a picture under water

Lauren

Kate, Marisa, Julia

Abby, Marisa, Kate, Brittney, Lauren





Marisa, Kate




Abby

Marisa, Lauren

And now for the picture of me snowboarding with fire!!!!


here's a link to watch the torchlight and backcountry hiking from my point of view


No comments: