Friday, February 17, 2012

Greece

I now have all of my papers needed to leave the country along with airport pick up, and room confirmations now just if my statistics book could come today that would be extremely helpful. Everyone keeps asking me what I’m going to take/do in Greece. Well first I’m going to have a ton of fun I set up my schedule so I don’t have any classes before like 10 and they end at like 2 or 3 so lots of fun is in store. The classes I’m going to take are: Modern Greece(a history class) Mathematics for computing( I took this class as SUU and was 3 questions away from passing the class L) Statistics for business and economics, Cultural perspectives on music, and Tennis.

The School, The American College of Greece Deree, takes the study abroad students on 3 trips. They are to Nafplion and a Greek Winery Tour, Ancient Delphi & Arachova, and Hydra Island.

The housing for the study abroad students is the Olympic housing that they used in the 2004 summer Olympics. I’ve seen some pictures and they seem like apartments in America so I think it will be ok. Also my dad Googled to make sure they have peanut butter and Google says they do so if nothing else I can eat lots of peanut butter sandwiches.

I leave on Tuesday and return in June on father’s day. I sure hope the Chicago airport has some interesting stores because I have a 12 hour layover there in the middle of the night! Well the middle of the night for Chicago but it will be like morning for me since I’ll probably still be running on Greek time.

Thank you aunt Nancy for the books I can now count in 4 languages to ten!

Another thing people keep asking me is if I’m excited or scared or ……to go to Greece for that long. The answer is yes I am all of those things at once and if there was a word to describe excitement, scared, adventurous, nervous, worried, not worried, interested, etc. I would use it often.

Well my next blog will be full of pictures of Greece and various airports and my adventure of getting to Greece and going through customs.

Also I found an app that lets me download youtube videos so I can watch them off line I found lots of videos on how to speak Greek. This one is days of the week and how to count.

No comments: