Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ziploc bags

So they don’t have Ziploc bags in Greece. I even Googled it to see if I had just missed them and came across someone’s blog that had heard this and stockpiled them before moving here. Even weirder is that people look at you weird when you eat your lunch you brought from home. I don’t really get it but apparently no one brings a home lunch to school with them. I for one am not going to buy a lunch every day that would be absurdly expensive.
 I have also learned that however much I don’t fit in with Americans in the clothing department it’s like a million times worst in Greece. So as you all know I’m not way into fashion or shopping or brands or anything and the other study abroad students are. The other day they were talking about how forever 21 is ‘very European’ and how excited they were that it was. I don’t even know if we have a forever  21 in the Provo Towne Centre. My clothes are ‘too bright’; I was told that even my hoodies were bright. Well I guess I will just be the American with bright clothes. I do go out of my way to find bright colored clothes I like them and I’m not changing.

Classes are really small. They are capped at like 20 students. Some of my classes only have like 4 students. My biggest class has like 22 students and some of them were there today getting special forms signed so they could be in it because it’s over capacity.

4 comments:

Dylan said...

I love hoodies! And Ziploc bags!

My Fam-i-Lee said...

There's a forever XI (or is it XXI?) at the University Mall. Mostly clothes I won't let Myia wear, however. Cute accessories.

Lauren said...

I say... NEVER CHANGE!! Always stay true to who you are. you ROCK!!!
Also, I don't know if I could live without Ziplock baggies.

Brittney said...

I did not know there was one at the University mall. I really don't ever go shopping.
Living without ziplock bags is hard but I've learned how to deal with it.