Friday, March 30, 2012

Napflion & a winery

Last Saturday we went on our second study abroad trip to Napflion, the first capital of Greece.  We went to the Palamidi Fortress and saw the prison of Kolokotronis. He was a Greek revolutionist who helped free Greece from the Turks. We were rushed through the place and didn’t get to see much. After we rushed through it we went to a restaurant and had a crazy huge lunch then after eating we were rushed to the bus to go to the winery. Personally I would have rather stayed and gone to the castle out on the island. We got a tour of the winery and learned how they make wines and stuff. (I honestly didn’t pay a ton of attention but some parts were interesting) After the tour they had a wine tasting, I don’t know about the wine but the breadsticks and cheese were delicious!

On top of this mountain is the fortress

The island out there has a castle on it but they said we didn't have enough time to go out there.
(All the roads were closed and we had to take a few detours to get there because it was Greece's independence day on Sunday and they were closing roads for the parade and the riots.)

This was the opening to Theodore Kolokotronis prison.
I didn't get any good pictures of the inside my camera was acting weird I guess I'll just have to go back one day.

This is a picture from the winery.





This blog has really good pictures of the fortress. I didn't read it I just looked at the pictures
http://www.sunnyfotini.com/blogfiles/nafplio.htm

No comments: