Friday, June 15, 2012

Best last day ever!

Today was my last day in Greece. I have mixed feelings about this, I am super excited to go home and see my family but I am super sad that I will be missing the YSA conference and am sad to say goodbye to the friends I made here. I was super happy to spend my last day in Greece at church in good company!
I had the opportunity to talk with Sister Mower for a while and help her make some treats for the YSA activity tomorrow(or is it today, well I guess my blog is still on Utah time so it’ll be Friday when I post it so tomorrow) and she told me how great it was that I was there and the difference I made by coming and the whole time she was telling me this on the inside I was like I made a difference no you guys made a huge difference in my life I didn’t do anything other than show up on Monday nights and Saturday nights and suck up as much church talk and happiness as I could. They made a difference in my life, I can’t believe that they have enough faith to stand up for what is right in a culture that doesn’t believe in any of it and that has very different values and many of them have to ride public transportation for an hour or more to get there and yet they went with huge smiles. I can’t believe that we complain or don’t go to FHE or other YSA activities because we have to drive to Provo or we want to watch this TV show instead of walking next door and going to the activity. I hope that I don’t lose this new insight I got while here. I want to stop taking the small things for granted and be more proactive in the Lords work. I will always cherish the lessons I learned while here, both the verbal and the observed. I will never forget the happiness shared at the activities.   
 While at the church I sat in on the committee meeting and then I asked Daniela if she would like to go to an orchestra concert that starts at nine at the theatre by the acropolis (This has been my dream since I saw this theatre, I decided that I was going to somehow see some sort of show/concert in there before I left and I did it on my last night). She was like ya I’ve never been there. I was really excited because I was going to go whether or not someone went with me but this was like the icing on the cake! I was so happy to have someone come with me. I was super sad to say goodbye to everyone at church.
After the concert we had to part ways and get on metros going different directions so we stood across from each other and danced while waiting for the metro. It. Was. Awesome! We did the Macarena, and other crazy dances and everyone was looking at us weird but who cares it was my last time riding the metro in Greece and I was going to make it memorable.


Daniela and me waiting for the concert to start

The three of us at intermission


No comments: