Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Santorini

Monday I woke up super early and caught my flight to Santorini. I was really excited to go and see the island that everyone thinks of when talking about Greece. It’s the island with the white buildings and blue roofs. It’s also where they filmed parts of Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I found a lot of the places in the movie and even jumped off of the same places she does in the movie. I went to the red beach, the black beach, the volcano, and other stuff. I had a ton of fun! I don’t have a ton of pictures because after jumping off of a cliff with my camera attached to my wrist it would only work some of the time. (It’s a waterproof camera but I guess it wasn’t salt proof)  Luckily when I got home I just recharged the battery, cleaned out the salt from the battery compartment and so far it works.  I don’t have any pictures from the second day I was there. Oia (pronounced eea) needs to be on everyone’s list of things to see in person.

These pictures are way out of order but I can't get blogger to fix it but here they are



The black beach.
This beach was really cool. I wish there was a beach as clean as this by my apartment, maybe we've just been looking in the wrong places but I would spend a ton of time there if it was closer.

The red beach, not as clean as the black beach but still really cool!

Oia. This place was awesome!

This was the last picture my camera would let me take
It's at the end of the first day


The red beach

And more pictures here

No comments: