Monday, June 18, 2012

First day home

I slept for 15 hours last night. I was so happy to sleep in my comfy, no springs, non squeaky bed. It was so quiet last night I never heard a bus go by or dogs fighting or drunk roommates coming in at 5 in the morning practically yelling, nope just a super quiet comfy night of sleep. I think I may have been happiest to walk on carpet. There’s just something about waking up and feelings soft comfy carpet under your feet instead of marble. I woke up hungry at like 7 so I got a bowl of frosted mini wheats went back to my room watched Boy Meets World and fell back asleep. When I woke up it was 1 pm! It was awesome. I had chocolate chip pancakes with peanut butter on them for lunch; I didn’t realize how much I missed pancake mix. I sat on the couch and watched TV for a good portion of the day then Chalyce came over and we looked at pictures of my trip and ate some of the candy and chips I brought back. For dinner I had potatoes O’Brian with real yellow cheddar cheese and real American ketchup. It was delicious! Matt is much smarter than I would have thought he knew how to say hi and kinda how to say thank you in Greek. I was impressed.
Sometimes Google still comes up in Greek, this has got to be the most annoying thing ever.

Also my room looks like a tornado went through it as my dad would say. I guess you’re not supposed to dump your suitcase out and rummage through it for souvenirs and then just leave it. It also probably doesn’t help that my room got rearranged when everyone was here for the wedding so I kinda was confused when stuff wasn’t where it usually was and started just pulling stuff out until I found what I wanted. If I could find my camera I would take a picture but its somewhere under all the clothes but I think you can all imagine what a room with four months worth of clothes and souvenirs spread all over it would look like. I’m gonna go back to watching absolutely nothing on TV while sitting on the super comfy couch. Boy have I missed this.

No comments: