Tuesday, June 26, 2012

One week update

I’ve been home, well in America, for a little over a week. In the week I’ve been home I’ve realized that the small things are what mattered most. Just sitting on the couch or out on the deck with friends and family is the best thing ever. I love seeing the sun actually set from my house, no more of the sun just disappearing behind the other tall apartment buildings and such but actually being able to see the sun set every night behind the mountain is awesome. I love that I can just go outback and jump on the tramp or play fetch with the dogs or tease the neighbor kids. I missed driving through town and everyone waving at you, even though I thought it was annoying when I left. I missed the option of watching TV, even though I don’t watch it very much having the option makes a difference. I really missed personal space. This is a big one for me I have a huge bubble and the people of Greece, well Europe in general, don’t have a bubble.
The first Monday I was home my dad asked me if I wanted to go to the grocery store with him, this was at like 9 o’clock at night and the first thing that went through my head was umm isn’t the store closed? I realized that in America stores don’t close at 9 that would just be crazy!

On Thursday night my mom, my moms friend Jill, and I headed out to California. We stopped in Vegas so they could try out for The Amazing Race then went on to my Aunts then to my grandmas. I would like to know how on earth I didn’t get sun burnt the four months I was in Greece without any sunscreen but I go to the beach one day in California, with sunscreen on, and get the worst sunburn ever! Seriously someone please explain this to me I’m really confused. We had a blast at the beach boogie boarding and playing in the sand with my little cousins (who didn’t get sun burnt even though I put the same kind of sunscreen on them as I did on me).   



I'm making a movie of all the video clips and pictures everyone took.
JoJo took most of them he loved taking pictures underwater


I have realized that since there’s not really the same temptations as there were in Greece that I’ve stopped watching as many Mormon messages and other YouTube videos produced by the church, and I’ve kinda been lacking in my scripture reading. I also decided that that’s not all bad, since I would mostly watch them to not hear what my roommates were listening to or talking about that I didn’t like.

No comments: